Quantum Information Processing, Communication and Control 3
QIPCC 2014 is the third edition of the South African conference devoted to quantum information science and technology.
The aim of the conference is to bring together the South African community of scientists working in the field, in order to stimulate collaborations and exchanges.
Dates and Deadlines:
The conference will take place from 3 to 7 November 2014.
The conference will take place at the
Longitude: 29° 0’1.02″E
- Registration is open.
- Booking of accommodation is open.
Invited Keynote Speakers
- Jens Koch (Northwestern University, USA) "Open-system quantum simulation with photons"
- Lorenzo Marucci (Univeristy of Naples, Italy) "Quantum optics with orbital angular momentum states of light"
- Mark Tame (UKZN, South Africa) "Quantum nanophotonics"
- Yorick Hardy (UNISA, South Africa) "Multi-linear algebraic techniques for Kraus maps"
Introductory lecture series "The quantum classroom"
- Ilya Sinayskiy (UKZN) - Decoherence
- Thomas Konrad (UKZN) - Quantum measurement theory
- Hermann Uys (CSIR) - Classical noise in quantum systems
- Jens Koch (Northwestern University, USA) - "Designing quantum hardware: basics and new advances in superconducting qubits"
The conference is organised by
- Hermann Uys (CSIR)
- Francesco Petruccione (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- National Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Centre for Quantum Technology (UKZN)
- African Laser Centre
Submission of Abstracts
Submission of abstracts for invited and contributed talks is now open. In order to submit an abstract please visit . If you do not have an EasyChair account you can easily create one on the site.
Booking of Accommodation