Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Gujarat University, India (2007).
Dynamics of Spin Systems.
Open Quantum Systems.
Wavelet Analysis based Time Series Analysis.
Data Analysis applicable to biomedical optics and photonics.
Plasmonics (recently started).
Peer reviewed journals:
- Differing sel-similarity in scattering spectra: a potential tool for pre-cancer detection, Sayantan Ghosh, Jalpa Soni, Harsh Purwar, Jaidip Jagtap, Asima Pradhan, Nirmalya Ghosh and Prasanta K. Panigrahi, Optics Express, 19(20), 19717–19730 (2011).
- Characterizing multi-scale self-similar behavior and non-statistical properties of financial time series, Sayantan Ghosh, P. Manimaran and Prasanta K. Panigrahi, Physica A, 490(23-24), 4304–4316 (2011).
- Generation of entangled channels for perfect teleportation using multi-electron quantum dots, D. D. B. Rao, Sayantan Ghosh, Prasanta K. Panigrahi, Phys. Rev. A, 78, 042328 (2008).
- Characterizing price index behavior through fluctuation dynamics, Prasanta K. Panigrahi, P. Manimaran and Sayantan Ghosh in Econophysics of Systemic Risk and Network Dynamics edited by Frederic Abergel, Bikas K. Chakrabarti, Anirban Chakraborti and Asim K. Ghosh, New Economic Windows (Springer Milan) To appear (2012).
- Statistical Properties of Fluctuations: A Method to Check Market Behavior, Prasanta K. Panigrahi, Sayantan Ghosh, P. Manimaran, and Dilip P. Ahalpara in Econophysics and Economics of Games, Social Choices and Quantitative Techniques edited by Banasri Basu, Bikas K. Chakrabarti, Satya R. Chakravarty an Kausik Gangopadhyay, New Economic Windows (Springer Milan), 110–118 (2010).
Peer reviewed conference proceedings:
- Wavelet-based multifractal analysis of laser biopsy imagery, Jaidip Jagtap, Sayantan Ghosh, Prasanta K. Panigrahi and Asima Pradhan, Proceedings of Dynamics and Fluctuations in Biomedical Photonics VII, SPIE BiOS 2012, San Francisco, California, USA (2012) To appear.
- Probing Tissue Multifractality Using Wavelet based Multifractal Detrended Fluctuation Analysis: Applications in Precancer Detection, Jalpa Soni, Gregor P. Jose, Sayantan Ghosh, Asima Pradhan, Tapas K. Sengupta, Prasanta K. Panigrahi and Nirmalya Ghosh Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI), 2011 4th International Conference on, 1, 448-452 (2011).
- Wavelet based multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of light scattering spectra from normal and cancerous human cervical tissues, Jalpa Soni, Jaidip Jagtap, Sayantan Ghosh, Harsh Purwar, Asima Pradhan, Prasanta Panigrahi and Nirmalya Ghosh; at the SPIE Optics+ Photonics, San Diego, California, USA, Jan. 2011.
- Effect of network size on delay induced synchronization, V. Kishore, S. Ghosh, Jalpa Soni, M. S. Santhanam; at the International Workshop and Conference on: Statistical Physics approaches to Multi-Disciplinary Problems, IIT-Guwahati, India, Jan. 2008.
Room 3-25, H-Block
School of Physics
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Private Bag X54001
Tele: +27 31-260 2809
Email: 210556397[at]ukzn.ac.za, say.xen[at]gmail.com