Publications of 2012
Publications in Journals
1. Initial correlations in a system of a spin coupled to a spin bath through an intermediate spin. V. Semin, I. Sinayskiy, F. Petruccione. Physical Review A, Volume: 86, Issue: 6, Article Number: 062114. Published: 26 December 2012.
2. Quantum trajectories: Memory and continuous observations. A. Barchielli, C. Pellegrini, F. Petruccione. Physical Review A, Volume: 86, Issue: 6, Article Number: 063814.
3. Arbitrarily slow realisations in a spin-boson model under the noninteracting-blip approximation. F. Giraldi and F. Petruccione. International Journal of Quantum Information, Volume: 10, Issue: 8, Special Issue: SI, Article Number: 1241001.
4. Non-equilibrium thermal entanglement in a two-particle system. A. Ghesquiere, I. Sinayskiy, F. Petruccione. Physica Scripta, volume: T151, Article Number: 014017. Published: Novem- ber 2012.
5. Properties of open quantum walks on Z.I. Sinayskiy and F. Petruccione. Physica Scripta, Volume: T151, Article Number: 014077. Published November 2012.
6. Unsharp continuous measurement of a Bose-Einstein condensate: Full quantum state estimation and the transition to classicality. M. Hiller, M. Rehn, F. Petruccione, A. Buchleitner, T. Konrad. Physical Review A, Volume: 86, Issue: 3, Article Number: 033624. Published: 24 September 2012.
7. Efficiency of Open Quantum Walk Implementation of Dissipative Quantum Computing Algorithms. I. Sinayskiy and F. Petruccione. Quantum Information Processing, Volume: 11, Issue: 5, Special issue: SI, Pages: 1301-1309. Published October 2012.
8. Open Quantum Walks on Graphs. S. Attal, F. Petruccione, I. Sinayskiy. Physics Letters A, Volume 376, Pages 1545-1548. Published 21 March 2012.
9. Open Quantum Random Walks. S. Attal, F. Petruccione, C. Sabot, and I. Sinayskiy. Journal of Statistical Physics, Volume 147, Pages 832-852. Published: June 2012.
10. Open System Approach to the Internal Dynamics of a Model Mul- tilevel Molecule. F. Giraldi and F. Petruccione. Open Systems & Information Dynamics, Volume 19, Number 2, Article Number 1250011 (23 pages). Published 2012.
11. Critical frequency control for arbitrarily slow decoherence of a qubit. F. Giraldi and F. Petruccione. Physical Review A, Volume 85, Article Number 062107. Published 8 June 2012.
12. Parametrizations of density matrices. E. Bruening, H. Makela, A. Messina, and F. Petruccione. Journal of Modern Optics. Volume 59, Issue 1, Pages 1-20. Published: 2012.
13. Decoherence-Assisted Transport in a Dimer System. I. Sinayskiy, A. Marais, F. Petruccione, and A. Ekert. Physical Review Letters. Volume 108, Issue 2, Article Number 020602. Published 11 January 2012.
14. Higher order mode propagation in an optical nanofiber, M. Frawley, A. Petch-Colan, V.G. Truong and S. Nic Chormaic, Opt. Commun. 285, 4648 (2012).
15. Thermo-optical tuning of whispering gallery modes in Er:Yb doped glass microspheres to arbitrary probe wavelengths, A. Watkins, J. Ward and S. Nic Chormaic Jap. J. Appl. Phys. 51, 05201 (2012).
16. Observation of thermal feedback on the optical coupling noise of a microsphere attached to a low-spring-constant cantilever, Y. Wu, J. Ward and S. Nic Chormaic, Phys. Rev. A 85, 053820 (2012).
17. Sub-Doppler temperature measurements of laser-cooled atoms using optical nanofibres, L. Russell, K. Deasy, M. Daly, M. Morrissey and S. Nic Chormaic, Meas. Sci. Technol. 23, 015201 (2012). Selected for the Highlights in 2011-2012 issue. Available for free download.
18. Stochastic wave-function unraveling of the generalized Lindblad master equation using correlated states. M. Moodley, S. Paul and T. Nsi Nzundu, Phys. Scr. 85, 045002-1-045002-7 (2012).
19. Effect of National Senior maths on the pass rate of first year engineering physics. J. Govender and M. Moodley. S. Afr. J. Sci., 105(5/6), Art. #830 (2012).
20. T. Konrad and H. Uys. Maintaining quantum coherence in the presence of noise by state monitoring. Phys. Rev. A, 85, 012102 (2012).